The Boarding House by James Joyce
In this story, the writer tells the women’s character.
- Mrs. Mooney – Determine, Clever and brave daughter of Butcher
- Butcher- Father of Mrs. Mooney
- Mr. Mooney- Husband of Butcher and works with Butcher/ father in law
- Polly Mooney- Beautiful and pretty girl or daughter of Mrs. Mooney and Mr. Mooney.
- Jack Mooney- Son of Mrs. and Mr. Mooney
- Mr. Doran- Highly educated officer and he is in a relationship with Polly Mooney
In this story, Mrs. Mooney seems like a brave, determined and clever woman. Who struggle for a better life for herself and her children. She gets married to Mr. Mooney who works with his father. After the death of the Butcher, Mr. Mooney became a druggist and drunkard He started to fight with Mrs. Mooney every day. One day Mr. Mooney tries to kill his wife Mrs. Mooney with a knife. After that Mrs. Mooney left her husband and started a business (bar). The bar became famous for tourists. Everybody started to respect her; they used to call Madam Mrs. Mooney. Her son was Clark and Polly Mooney was uneducated. However Pooly money was an important person for the car because she was beautiful and attractive. Actually, she was part of the running business. She used to sing songs in the bar and the customers love to visit her.
Mr. Daran saw her and they stayed in a special relationship. All the people knew that and Mrs. Mooney also knew about their relationship. She waited for the right time to tell that because she was very clever. One day she called Polly Mooney and Polly Mooney said yes we are in a relationship. After that Mrs. Mooney asked the same thing with Mr. Dara and he also said yes. Mrs. Mooney suggested they marry however Mr Daran was not okay for marriage with Polly Mooney because Polly Mooney was uneducated. After that Mrs. Mooney compels him to marry the daughter and she blackmails him.
Mr. Doran fears and suffers his duel situation because at the same time he also thinks about his parent’s dream and reputation. He remembers the time which he spent with Polly Mooney and feels regret about the thing that he did. At last, he agreed to the marriage.
Through this essay, the writer expresses female innocent and female cunning. Also, he tries to convey human unethical psychology. He tries to demonstrate how modern society and people are following the way of earning money than other things and how the people are struggling for materialistic life.
List of The Heritage of words full summary list in here.
- Full Fathom five thy father lies
- About Love by Anton Chekhov
- A Child is Born is by Germaine Green
- I Have a Dream by Martin Luther King
- Two long term problem: Too Many People, Too few Trees by Moti Nishani
- The Lamentation of Old Pensioner
- Story of Hansel And Gretel
- The Boarding House by James Joyce
- Traveling Through the Dark by William Stafford
- The Tell-Tale Heart
- Purgatory by W.B.Yeats
- Hurried Trip to Avoid a Bad Star by M. Lilla and C. Bishop Barry (American Geographer)
Thank you so much for reading this notice.
Mero Notice is a Nepali educational note, notice, and information publishing media company. Here you will find educational notices and notes of almost all levels of various subjects.
Here, Students will get college notes and complete academic notices while job seekers will get job-related information. If you need a scholarship, you will be notified by a new scholarship notice each day. If you are annoyed by not getting government jobs and all other government notices also we are here.
The stock market, insurance, and all other financial notices are not to be missed.
and we are also on Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube.