Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany Kathmandu
The German Embassy Kathmandu is looking for an Assistant for the Consular Section.
DateLine: 01 April 2021.
• Receiving and processing applications for visa and other consular matters applying various (German only) software
• Conducting interviews with German, Nepali, and international applicants • Communicating with German, Nepali, and international applicants by email or phone, or in-person
• Communication with German authorities by phone or in writing
• Responding to inquiries and advising applicants on consular services
Your Skills and Qualifications:
• Very good command of the German language in speaking, reading, and writing (B2 level or higher)
• Very good command of English language in speaking, reading, and writing (B2 or equivalent)
• Very good command of Nepali language in speaking, reading, and writing
• Computer literacy
• Experience in office work and/or customer care and/or service, in an international setting
• Ability to work independently and self-reliantly, service-oriented
• Reliability. honesty and diligence
• Flexibility and willingness to work also outside normal working hours and on Nepali public holidays.
The German Government is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, thus competitors from all national, religious, and ethnic backgrounds, including persons with disabilities are encouraged to submit their applications. Furthermore, applications from all genders (women, men, and third) are welcome.
Foreigners who apply need to hold a valid residence and work permit.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send your complete application along with your CV in German language, required certificates, reference letters, and a copy of your passport/ID before 20 February 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org; subject: “Consular Assistant“.
Kathmandu, 11 February 2021
Job Application “Consular Assistant”
Gyaneshwar Marga 690 P.O. Box 226, Kathmandu